02 January 2009

2009

Back after a long hiatus. Why? Because I am covering the phones at work today, and as of 9:15 there are 2 people in the office, neither of whom is really expected to get a lot of calls. Also, a new year is a time of new beginnings and well intentioned efforts to keep on top of things that will eventually be neglected.





(Note: a 3rd person has entered the office)





Anyway, here is my short list of things I am looking forward to in 2009.





1) Vegetables! One of my New Year's Resolutions is to eat vegetables with most every meal, and I am looking forward to learning to how prepare them. Soon, I will be one of those people who goes to Farmer's Markets with canvas totes buying weird things and knowing what to do with them.





2) 9 to 5 The Musical I think we can all agree that Dolly Parton is a genius. If you are a friend of mine, you probably can also agree that the movie 9 to 5 is pretty great in the same vein as Steel Magnolias or Working Girl. So, from the get-go, I had high hopes once the musical version was announced. Then the cast was announced, and Alison Janey is in it. Then I heard this song.




I may need a second job to afford frequent visits throughout previews...



3) Obama 'Nuff said? 'Nuff said.




(ps: there are now 6 people in the office...and that's where it's going to stop)

No comments:

Post a Comment