30 April 2008

The One Where I Talk About David Archuleta


David Archuleta, for those of you with lives, is a pint-sized pubescent (as in his voice is still changing i.e. cracking) American Idol hopeful. Most of America seems to love him.

I'm not quite so consistent in my beliefs. He has a creepy stage dad (who would lure his former Star Search contestants with milk), a dim-witted expression most of the time, and he sounds like he's hurting himself when he sings. Sad. But, on the other hand, you just want to squeeze him and hug him and go all Elmira on him.

Instead of imbedding an Idol clip, I thought I'd show a wee-Archuleta singing the horribly-inappropriate-for-an-8-year-old "Fallin'" (by Alicia Keyes, as opposed to the opening number from They're Playing Our Song...fabulously sung here by Victor Garber.) As you may guess by comparing the video to the above pic, David's stage persona hasn't varied much. Mic in left hand, right arm pivoting at the elbow as emotion dictates.



And now, with special internet technology, I can age David Archuleta, so you can see what he will look like in 30 years.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wait for it
.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment