12 June 2009

Everything Was Possible And Nothing Made Sense

This may perhaps be the most inspirational theater site I've ever seen.

AbandonedTheaters.com is essentially a slide show of pitctures (by Julia Solis) taken "over the course of several years" of stages in disrepair--be they in old movie theaters, cafeterias and probably some vaudeville theaters or something. The point is, each space seems so ripe with potential and possibility. I wish captions were included indicating where they were.

1 comment:

  1. There's a ruined theater in the basement of an abandoned school just up the street from my childhood home in Berlin. It was built sometime around the turn of the century. I've snuck in there a few times but it's been borded up more securely recently and I can't get inside. I might have to take a sledgehammer and a camera with me next time I go home.

    ReplyDelete