03 March 2010

Christine Ebrsole in something

If I were to make a list of my favorite things it would include, to be sure:
Christine Ebersole
Mame
Reruns of the Rosie O'Donnell Show

And the gods heard her prayers...Christine Ebersole on The Rosie O'Donnell Show promoting MAME at Papermill.  (I'd love to see the planning meeting for that one.  "Rosie, it's for a regional theater production in Jersey."  "It's an excuse to have Christine Ebersole sing with a cute kid."  "Does Tuesday work?")

The singing starts at 4m45s, after a lengthy and not particularly eventful story about Chrstine trying to make a flight.  I always wonder how these interviews work--clearly she knew she and Rosie knew this story was coming.  I suppose they knew they had to talk about something else besides regional theater in Jersey. 

Mame's dress is fabulous, though was that the one she actually wore at that point in the show?  As Cherry Jones would say, "I have so many doubts."

Young Patrick is played by the always delightful Paul Iacono, who I worked with on DARK AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS and was in the new FAME film.

Anyone willing to make an argument for Ms. Ebersole as a new Broadway MAME will find audience with me (though my current dream casting has Bette Midler as MAME, Mary Testa as Vera and K Chen as Gooch).

1 comment:

  1. Donald,

    Why do you not have a follow button icon thingy?

    Sincerely,

    Erin

    P.S. Miss you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete