24 March 2010

Judy Garland - Almost Like Being In Love / This Can't Be Love

I've been hearing this song 6 times a week since mid-February.  It's on her Carnegie Hall record, among other things.  Every night it's like I'm hearing it for the first time--truly a remarkable arrangement/performance.  I particularly admire her consistency--despite a near flub-up latei n the number her rendition here, on her ill-fated television show, is near identical to her famed Carnegie recording.



Also, because it linked to the above, here's Judy and Liza singing "Two Lost Souls" from DAMN YANKEES.



Aside from being convenient, I posted the above because I've been seeing some more rumblings about that Jim Carrey/Jake Gyllen-not-dating-Reese-Witherspoon movie version of YANKEES.  It's sounding more and more like a hot mess.  "They" (meaning the producers or whatnot) want to "address steroids use in baseball" with this remake.  I mean, seriously?  (a) Why is sterioids use really an issue that needs to be addressed in the media at all?  (b) This is DAMN fucking YANKEES! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these two as well! My favorite gals, now and forever. Maybe someday I'll find someone who shares my love of "The Pirate." The movie musical Cole Porter likes to forget, haha!

    ReplyDelete