27 March 2009

Festival Sanctus

Consider this a Palm Sunday/Easter-related post (if you're into that kind of thing). This is a song I used to sing (in a treble arrangement) in my choir boy days. I *believe* the first time I sang it was in Carnagie Hall. Seriously. For years after that Barb--the precocious perfect one who has since become a music teacher--would play this at the piano and everyone who knew it would gather around and sing it. It's such a fucking happy song. I'm always looking for a satisfying YouTube incarnation, and stumbled accross this one, which uses a orchestra (or ensemble of instruments...a pit?). The under-tempo beginning does bother me, and, for sentimental reasons, I miss the piano, but it is posted below for you amusement and easy reference.


No comments:

Post a Comment